Easier procedure for Belarusian citizens to obtain a temporary residence permit
As of 9 July 2022, a regulation is in force that introduces an easier procedure for Belarusian citizens to obtain a temporary residence permit. It aims to help Belarusian citizens affected by various types of repression in their country.
New type of temporary residence permit
The condition for obtaining the new type of permit is staying in Poland on the basis of a so-called humanitarian visa.
The above solution will also apply to citizens of Belarus who stay in Poland on the basis of the referred to visas, extended on the basis of the so-called anti-covid law.
The following are the changes in connection with the introduction of the simplified procedure:
- The permit will be granted for a period of 3 years at a time.
- The granting of such a permit will be exempt from stamp duty.
- The issuance of a Residence Card to a person who obtains such a permit will also not be subject to a fee.
- A person who obtains the permit in question will be exempt from the obligation to hold a work permit.
- From 1 January 2023, the holder of the aforementioned type of temporary residence permit will be able to apply for a Polish travel document for a foreigner.
Where can the temporary residence permit in question be obtained?
The application for the permit shall be submitted in person at the Provincial Office.
The temporary residence permit is granted by the Voivod competent for the place of residence of the Belarusian citizen.
New regulations on the Card of the Pole
As a result of the introduction of a new regulation, it is possible to obtain the Card of the Pole without having to leave Poland. Citizens of Ukraine, the Republic of Belarus and the Russian Federation, or stateless persons living in these countries, may apply for the Card of the Pole at any voivodeship office according to their place of residence in Poland. The above applies both to persons applying for the Card of the Pole for the first time and to those who already possess the Card of Pole.
Source: The article was created in collaboration with our cooperation partner – sdzlegal Schindhelm Law Office
If you have any questions regarding this topic or if you are in need for any additional information – please do not hesitate to contact us:
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS DEPARTMENT
Head of Customer Relationships
Department / Senior Manager