Changes regarding the legalisation of residence and employment of Ukrainian citizens are getting closer. The President has already signed an amendment to the Law on Assistance to Ukrainian Citizens in Connection with the Armed Conflict on the Territory of Ukraine and Certain Other Laws. The new regulations address the issue of accommodation, the diia.pl electronic document, the extension of the legal stay of Ukrainian citizens and remove doubts regarding the submission of notifications to labour offices.
Below are the most important changes:
- prolongation of legal stay until 24 August 2024 for holders of a national visa and a temporary residence permit, as well as persons who entered Poland under the visa-free regime – uniformity for all residence titles,
- if a citizen of Ukraine started working before the temporary residence permit was granted, the deadline for submitting the notification starts to run on the day the decision is delivered,
- submission of an application for a PESEL number within 30 days after arrival in Poland,
- changing the status of the PESEL number from UKR to NUE automatically after the Border Guard Commander notifies the applicant of leaving Poland for a period exceeding 30 days and in the case of applying for international protection or an intention to file such an application,
- an indication that the diia.pl electronic document entitles a Ukrainian citizen to cross the border multiple times without the need to obtain a visa, and information on cancellation of the document in the event of a change of the UKR status or recording the death of an Ukrainian citizen in the register – sanctioning the document at the statutory level,
- repeal of Articles 38 and 39 of the special act indicating the possibility to submit an application for temporary residence for persons who entered Poland after 24 February 2022 under a simplified procedure, which means that the standard procedure indicated in the Law on Foreigners will remain in place.
The provisions of the Act enter into force on the day following its publication in the Journal of Laws, although with some exceptions – there are also provisions with retroactive effect from 1 January 2023.
Source: The article was created in collaboration with our cooperation partner – sdzlegal Schindhelm Law Office
If you have any questions regarding this topic or if you are in need for any additional information – please do not hesitate to contact us:
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS DEPARTMENT
Head of Customer Relationships
Department / Senior Manager